Saturday 18 May 2019

52CCT May Theme


Hello Everyone,
Today is the 3rd week in May and this means it is time for a Theme Challenge with the Design Team from 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge. And Rosie has chosen this theme for us to play with


I have to admit that this one stumped me as to what to make for quite awhile. But this is the card that I came up with


I decided to have a play around and just started making something. I knew that I wanted something other than people singing. I knew that I had this "Baaah Humbug" set which I used this sheep image and the song book came from a 2nd Set called "Holiday Party Animal" both stamp sets are by Lawn Fawn. I coloured these sheep in with my Copic Markers. Then I needed to find a background paper suited and I thought I had some sheet music paper but I couldn't find anything in my stash. 

So I used the string of Christmas lights from the Baaah Humbug set and some musical notes from another set. After I stamped this out I thought that the background was a little plain so I decided to do a splatter technique. I got out my spatter cubby and put the background in it then I got 3 Distress Inks, my spray bottle, a small fat brush and a stamp block and had some fun flicking ink. I must admit that I had to trust the process. After setting the panel aside to dry I rubbed the ink pad onto sections of the card base so that the colours would co-ordinate with the panel. Then I assembled everything together gluing the panel directly to the base but popping up the sheep on foam tape.

Thanks for stopping in and looking at my Design Team work for 52CCT. I hope that you will consider coming on over and playing along with us this week.

Until Next Time,
Tracy B

No comments:

Post a Comment