Saturday 8 December 2018

Refreshing Christmas

Hello everyone, I have mentioned before that Christmas in Australia is a lot different to the northern hemisphere. In Australia we are looking more for cold refreshing drinks than the warm eggnog type of drinks just because we are trying to stay hydrated in the warm/hot weather.


You may be wondering how or where the idea for this card came from … well it started with a sketch of course. I love to start with a sketch and this one if from Freshly Made Sketches. This is sketch #366

I have included my measurements with the sketch for those who may be interested. I do this for my own reference later if I decide to use this sketch again then I don't have to refigure out the dimensions. But as you can see my planning wasn't 100% on point today because I had planned for the straws to be pointing the same way as the sketch. And I added a little interest to the background by using a stencil from Scrapmatts and two distress inks. I used Faded Jeans and Broken China I thought that this looked a little like bubbles even though the stencil was named "New Cheese".

But I am happy with how the card came out despite the printing problem that I had. I am still going to enter this in for the design team call for Freshly Made Sketches. I would love to be on a team that deals in sketches as I love using them for my card creations.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my blog. And before you go I would like to leave you with this thought for the day

This is such a good way to look at things. Sometimes when you are in the middle of what you are going through you forget that there may be a way to improve things.

Have a Happy Crafty Adjustable Kind of Day,
❤ Tracy B

**for those who have followed me from my other blog - Thanks. If you wish to see my previous blog please click on this link



4 comments:

  1. This is such a fun card! Love the background of straws!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun and happy this is! Love the southern hemisphere take on the holiday card. So glad to see you this week at FMS and thanks for entering our DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've created such a fun backdrop to that cute "refreshing" drink! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This such a fun take on the sketch! The use of the straws for the striped background is very clever. I would love so much to try an Australian Christmas some day. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete