Saturday 16 February 2019

February Theme Challenge

Hello Everyone,

It's the 3rd week of the month and over at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge this means it's Theme Challenge time. And our hostess this month Alison has suggested this theme


I must say that I always find winter theme cards a challenge. Because where I live in Australia we don't really have a winter ... well we do but nothing that needs snow gear unless we travel down to the south of our country. So I had to dig through my stamp stash to see what I could find because I don't really buy this theme either. But I did find something suitable and this is the card I came up with.


I am quite happy with how this came together. Even though I didn't use traditional colours at all for this card I thought the pink, blue and purples lent to the winter theme. I used my embossing supplies to give this poor leafless tree a slight covering of snow. Using my white gel pen I added some snow to the background of the "photo" which I had coloured using my Distress Inks.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and having a look at my Design Team Submission. I hope to see you over at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge. Before you go I want to leave you with this thought


I love the advice from a tree. These things are quite good for humans to remember as well. I sometimes forget to do some of these thing actually.

Until Next Time,
Tracy B

2 comments:

  1. oh Tracy, tu as su donner beaucoup de présence a cet arbre solitaire, quelle jolie création, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, our trees and skies often look like that though I appreciate that yours don't! x

    ReplyDelete