Saturday 19 January 2019

January 2019 Theme Challenge

Hello Everyone, Today I am pleased to show you the next challenge for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. Since it is the 3rd week of the month we have a theme and this time around Andreja has given us this

I have to admit that this theme stumped me for quite a while. But I did come up with this card. This is a card that is on the simpler side but I am really happy with how it all came together.


To help me make a few design decisions I turned to a sketch to help pull things together and this is the one that I used

October 2015
I used several dies and my Cuttlebug to make the image area stand out since I was keeping the image simple. To help keep the image simple I have only coloured the star, used some painters tape to make the shape of the beam. To colour the beam I used Mustard Seed Distress Ink plus a mini sponge tool.

I found this sentiment from another stamp set and I stamped it with my black ink and my small stamping platform to make sure I got a clear impression and this finished off my card. I hope that you will stop by our challenge blog and see what the other members have been up to. And before you go I would like to leave you with this thought

Something to remember when faced with an obstacle. Sometimes getting through is as important as to what you were facing.

Have a Happy Crafty Kind of Day,
👋 Tracy B

3 comments:

  1. Adorable scène, j'aime cette touche de lumière qui illumine la scene, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice nativity card! I like that ray of light that illuminates the scene.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple but pretty and the star is a beautiful touch.

    ReplyDelete